Naran is a medium sized town in upper Kaghan Valley in Mansehra District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of the Pakistan. It is located 119 kilometers (74 mi) from Mansehra city at the altitude of 2,409 meters (7,904 ft).Naran is one of the most scenic towns in Pakistan, attracting thousands of tourists, trekkers, photographers and nature-enthusiast, every year. The Kunhar River, swollen by glacial melt, passes through this town as it meanders its way through the valley.
Naran to Lake Saiful Muluk dusty jeep track is approximately 9 km in length with hiking tracks difficulty level ranging from easy to medium. It can be traveled by jeep in one Hour. Net elevation gain is around 700m (2300 feet).
Ansu is tear shaped high-altitude lake situated adjacent to Malika Parbat. It can be reached via 11 km trail starting at Saif-ul-Malook. This trail can be divided in two steps. a) 7 km walk from till base of Malika Parbat. b) 4 km hike up the mountain with net elevation around 1000m (3300 feet). It can be traveled by Trekking in 4-5 Hour. Lake remains accessible from early June till late November, with deteriorating weather making it difficult at start and end of season.
Lalazar is a plateau once known for beautiful wild flowers and soothing pine forests. Though recently cultivation of potato and other corps declined the natural beauty, but still enchanting view of Malika Parbat and lush meadows make it a must visit. Lalazar can be reached through a muddy jeep track of 01 hour starting from Battakundi. Some people prefer trekking over riding the jeep. One famous, moderate trek starting from Lake Saif-ul-Malook through picturesque Hans Gali ends at Lalazar.
Other Tracks (Originating/Ending in Naran Valley):-
- – Balakot (Gate of Kaghan Valley)
- – Noori Top (Shortcut Route of Azad Kashmir)
- – Dudipatsar Lake (Queens of The Lakes)
- – Saral Lake (Magically Lake)
- – Fairy Land [Place Discovered in 2014 by Shahzada Naveed]
- – Battakundi
- – Ratti-Gali Lake (Lake is in AJK)
- – Sat Sar Mala Lakes (6 Lakes in One Place)
- – Gitidas (Small Village)
- – Gattian Lake (Lake is in AJK)
- – Jalkhad (Mindblowing Place)
- – Lulusar Lake (Darkest Lake)
- – Sarkatha Lake (Lake is in Kohistan) [Lake Discovered in 2013 by Shahzada Naveed]
- – Sangal Lake [Lake Discovered in 2013 by Shahzada Naveed]
- – Katha-sar Lake (Lake is in Kohistan)
- – Maheen Lake (Lake is in Kohistan)
- – Ghazi Sar (Awesome Place)
- – Dharma Sar Lake (Lake is in Kaghan)
- – Neela Chhanj (Blue Iceland) [Discovered in 2015 by Shahzada Naveed]
- – Yarana Peak [Place Discovered in 2015 by Shahzada Naveed]
- – Malika-e-Parbat Top (Queens of The Mountains)
- – Babusar Top (End of The Kaghan Valley